The wonderful and ever posting Jay Brooks has posted the latest version of this odd video meme (pronounced “me-me” for obvious reasons) and it has me scratching my head as much as that Craft Brewer video of a year ago. Here it is:
It’s a form of denial, we know that. And a form of spin. But wouldn’t it be interesting to have one of these promotional video thingies based on the following:
- I am a craft beer drinker. I am a fan of good beer. I buy good craft beer.
- I earn my money through hard work and expect craft brewers to earn it from me.
- I have no time for the floaters, the makers of dull amber ale, the brewers who are there for the government grants.
- Me and people like me reject badly made craft beer or beer stores that pass on soaking costs for trendy unbalanced crap.
- We have the conviction of our own ability to determine what tastes good. And know a great craft beer goes with a bag of chips.
- We know when it is stinking hot nothing goes down like a Miller High Life and respect our friends who like that stuff just fine.
- But we also know that when the BBQ smoker in the backyard is pissing off the neighbours, when we are sick and tired another mouthful of steamed corn gak, when there is extra money in the wallet and when our mouths demand something that has extraordinary taste…
- …that is when we buy good craft beer.
Background music? Metallica’s “Enter Sandman” morphing into a little early Johnny Cash ending in a crescendo of grunge. “Smells Like Teen Spirit,” perhaps?